Friday, September 9, 2011

Tax Attorney Houston Tx

Tax Attorney – You May Not Need One For Your IRS Needs…Find Out From Joe Mastriano, CPA!

Do You Really Need An Tax Attorney / Lawyer?

IRS Tax Attorney Many people with IRS problems search for an attorney or lawyer specializing in delinquent taxes, offer in compromise, payroll liabilities, etc.

I have come across websites where attorneys tell your that they are the best person to represent you. Why? They claim your conversations are confidential and they won’t disclose incriminating evidence. They also claim that not filing your unfiled returns are criminal and you can go to jail.

I have represented thousands of taxpayers, and I will tell you that these issues never come up. The IRS wants you to file your old prior returns and make provisions for paying the delinquent taxes. The burden of proving you willfully choose not to file is upon the IRS.

When Should I Hire An Attorney or IRS Lawyer?

If you actually committed a criminal act like submitting false documents to the IRS or giving false testimony, then you may need a criminal lawyer. That person should be very experienced in criminal law and procedure. They also tend to charge higher legal fees. If I was a tax attorney, I know I would, which brings me to the next question.

Why Hire An Attorney / Lawyer Who Prepares Low Dollar Tax Returns and Does IRS Collection Work?

This is work that CPA’s and Enrolled Agents do. They didn’t spend three years in law school, to become a tax lawyer.

Frankly, I don’t know why you would want to hire a low priced lawyer. I know a couple of really good tax attorneys and IRS lawyers who won’t touch past due returns and IRS collection work for under $350 per hour. I would question the knowledge and experience of an attorney who charged only $150 an hour. IRS representation requires many years of knowledge and experience. But that’s just my opinion. For what it’s worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment